2022 Inductees: Interview with Captain Paul Ryan, U.S. Navy (Retired)
Paul Ryan shared information about this year's event and honorees during a recent interview on Veterans Radio. Listen Now.
The 2022 Military and Veterans inductees have been selected.
Check back frequently as we announce the Class of 2022.
- Colonel Ralph W Hauenstein Biographical info
- Sergeant Carol Hebert Biographical info
- Colonel Herman Keizer, Jr. Biographical info
- Airman Thomas R. Skerritt Biographical info
- Second Lieutenant Coleman Young Biographical info
- Telephone Operator 2nd Class Oleda Joure-Christides Biographical info
- Lieutenant General Thomas J. Plewes Biographical info
- Lieutenant Colonel Clement C. Van Wagoner Biographical info
- Technician 5th Grade Virgil Nishimura Westdale Biographical info
- Colonel Clifford Worthy, Jr. Biographical info
2022 Hall of Honor Ceremony
Michigan History Museum
702 Kalamazoo St.
About the Ceremony
The 2022 induction ceremony was held November 18, 2022, 12:30 p.m.
An induction ceremony is held to recognize Michigan’s most distinguished service members. This special occasion marks the official recognition of distinguished service in the United States Armed Forces for the six Military Category inductees, and the extraordinary civic and community service of the six Veteran Category inductees. Invited dignitaries include Michigan's Governor, Michigan National Guard’s Adjutant General, Michigan’s U.S. Senators, and the Chair of the Michigan Military and Veterans Hall of Honor Board of Directors. Banners commemorating each inductee will be on display, with photo opportunities for the media, visitors, inductees, and families. Inductees or their surviving families are presented the specially designed Michigan Military and Veterans Hall of Honor Medal; a State of Michigan tribute document signed by the Governor, Lieutenant Governor, the inductee’s State Senator and State Representative; and congratulatory letters from Michigan’s U.S. Senators.
Honor and Educate
The Michigan Military and Veterans Hall of Honor seeks to not only honor Michigan military veterans, but to also educate our citizens about military service as a basic and honorable duty of citizenship--to stir patriotic spirit, a sense of civic duty, and a sense of honor that calls people to arms.
Send your check to Michigan Military and Veterans Hall of Honor, 165 Lodge Lane, Kalamazoo, Michigan, 49009 USA. A receipt will be sent to you.
Sponsor the Hall of Honor
Your sponsorship of the Hall of Honor will be recognized on our website and other materials. To sponsor the Hall of Honor, contact Roger Yoder.